Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lonely Guy Night At Local 16


"Is it proper for a gentleman to ask a lady if she blogs???"

An acquaintance of mine answered the call to all wallflowers made by KathrynOn, to attend a blogger Happy Hour at Local 16 last night. He told me he searched the crowd for the D.C. scene, but all he saw was a large group from Amnesty International having some kind of "whoop-dee-do." He also said he scanned the crowd and checked out the rooftop, but no Kathryn to be found. He had a beer, put his tail between his legs, and left.

"I could have asked people "Are you a blogger," but I didn't. "I did approach one group of women who walked by, but I'm sure they thought I was hitting on them." I said, "Are you bloggers?" (How's that for a pickup line?)" ... I told him I thought it made him sound like a pervert.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Sorry I missed your friend, Cubie.

At the very first happy hour I did, I brought name tags. People awkwardly read each other's chests, then looked each other in the face and did the same "I'm Real Name. Blog Name?" thing they do without name tags.

But now I'm not so sure. How to identify myself...

11:23 AM  
Blogger The Senator said...

It isn't proper. You did good going with your instincts.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Sparklebot said...

I was there.

11:59 AM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

cube, i dont think i got a chance to talk to you last night.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I think I missed you too - I think I missed a lot!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

You didn't miss me. I wasn't there. You missed a man who was trying to meet all of you. What I am reporting on are his comments to me, after the fact.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...that sucks he didn't find any of the bloggers. But I think going up to random people and asking them if they blog is hilarious!

6:21 PM  
Blogger JordanBaker said...

"Are you ____?" was indeed a truly scary thing to have to say.

Maybe we should all just wear funny hats. . .

9:56 PM  
Blogger DC said...

I was actually going to inquire something along those lines for the next happy hour, how DOES one determine such things... I figured I'd let people come up to me but I haven't posted any pictures... I'm SOOOO mysterious

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites