Saturday, January 12, 2008

It Takes A Q-Tip


I was getting ready to go out this morning, and I reached for a newly purchased canister of makeup applicators: foam tipped Q-tips. I realized I'd be better off if I were going outsourcing.
Glancing at the writing on the back I noted, with some amazement, that not only were they perfect for "the application and blending of make up," they were also distributed out of Los Angeles via a distribution point in Wokingham, United Kingdom while imported via Neuvo Leon, Mexico, but "Made in China." Hillary Clinton was right. It truly does take a village.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

So they go from China to Mexico to the UK to Los Angeles? Shouldn't they just go from Mexico to LA?

Insert immigration joke here.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

*snort*

10:24 PM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

People who think they can stop globalization are sadly misdirected.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites