Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

After taking a nasty fall, then working through the pain for weeks thinking, "I'm okay," I finally crawled to the doctor and x-rays to learn I have a fractured rib. No blogging this week while I walk around going "ouch" with each step, but I am trying to stick with writing, despite these little setbacks.

A friend this morning, knowing of my injury, wrote me saying, "Cocktails to the rescue: "the Ouchie", "the rib-ow!", "the fractious fracture". I wrote her back saying how boring pain is. You become completely absorbed in it, there's nothing really to say about it other than how it demands much and doesn't give you anything back but it's needs...much like a bad relationship.

I did get my Valentine cards out to people, and I've already received a few. Other than that, I'll have to put this holiday on ice:

8 Comments:

Blogger Velvet said...

There's no good therapy like sitting in the tub eating a heart shaped box of candy! Yum! Feel better Cubie. It's nasty cold out there and icy, don't fall again.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

I'll skip the candy, Velvet. Skimpy clothing weather is coming soon. Happy Valentine's Day.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care, Cube! I fell too, but I didn't break anything.

1:32 PM  
Blogger JordanBaker said...

I don't know if you'll recall, but on my blog, Valentine's day is also Vicodin day. So that's what I would send you a big red box of, if I could.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

They've got me on vicodin, Jordan. It sorta helps. Green roses (white with this odd green tinge and tip) help too. And a new book.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

M.A. Happy Valentine's Day. Falling equals not good as a grown-up and hence me giving up on my dream of learning snowboarding. I do not want to go through this pain again anytime soon.

11:56 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Pft. Breyers? I'm all about the Edy's or the Ben and Jerry's.

Some might call it B&J. Some might call it BJ. One is better than the other. I'll let you decide which.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I'm so sorry your rib is broken. That really hurts! Take good care. Sending love and healing energy.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites