Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Haiku Achoo



I'm into Day Four of (for want of a better wording,) what they used to call "La Grippe." Some respiratory, flu, "I don't feel so good thing." I thought I was better this morning, and Lord God Jesus, "no."

I was bopping around your blogs in between bouts of "retreat to the bed," and I noticed my friend "M.A." over on her blog The Culture Wars was also not feeling well, but not "off" enough not to return to her past habit of "Haiku Tuesday":

An Old Standby: Haiku Tuesday!

Forgive me, for I am out of practice.

1.
So, I cannot hear
sound is clogged in my right ear
time to see someone.
2.
Before I was silenced
by acute laryngitis
I did not sound good.
3.
What is going on?
A sign for me to slow down?
Yes! Of course it is.
4.
Me. This is all me.
Argh. How much more can you take?
Vacation time, please!
5.
Blah. blah, blah, blah blah.
This is what I sound like now.
Yes, this will change soon.


In empathy, I wrote her back:

I sit here with flu
Achoo instead of haiku
Yes, this will change soon
Cherry blossoms bloom
Construction next door goes boom
The world is all change

Nurture yourself now
Return stronger to the fray
Of life's constant needs

We will heal and write
We will return to the flow
Read my words and rest


I need to go make some tea, I think....

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous ma said...

Oh, Cube, you are too wonderful. I hope that you feel better soon too! I have visited a physician and I feel much better. :)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

MA: Glad we could share this way, M.A. I figure, "sure my haiku sucks 100-year old eggs"...but at least I'm trying.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

La grippe, la grippe, la post nasal drip. Poor Cubie. Time to slow it down:watch some cherry blossom open and fall, find a J-pop video (Utada Hikaru, maybe) on YouTube, drink some nice sake.

Get well, Cubie-san.

grince

10:15 AM  
Blogger Ryane said...

The dreaded ague! It got me last week, as well. I hope you feel better soon.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites