Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Cocktail Of The Week: The Reformed Gibson

L'Chaim, Mel

Today is Mel Gibson's birthday,(1) so it's fitting to do a temperance cocktail in his honor. I thought about doing something with a Gibson martini which uses pickled onions instead of olives, but since Mel Gibson swears he is turning over a new leaf, and since it is the start of a new year, I thought I would create The Reformed Gibson.

The Reformed Gibson

It's ingredients are:

2 ounces orange juice
2 ounces cranberry juice
1 ounce sweet and sour mix
1 teaspoon grenadine syrup
1 tablespoon triple sec
2 ounces pineapple juice
1 splash Sprite or any lemon-lime soda.

Combine ingredients in a shaker, serve in chilled martini glass and garnish with different fruits (to show you aren't biased).

"What do you think you're looking at, Splenda Tits?"

I was going to make the drink non-alcoholic, but since Mel has already slid on the slope a little, I thought I'd throw in the triple sec to ease him along so he doesn't go Cold (Wild) Turkey.

"They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom." (2)

(1) 1956 in Peekskill, New York. Pee Wee Herman was born in the same hospital, four years
earlier.

(2) Quote from the movie, Braveheart.



14 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

...but is it kosher?

11:22 AM  
Blogger m.a. said...

mmmm. Looks delicious. I can't think of anything else to say.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

66: No.

MA: It wasn't as sicknenly sweet as I thought it might be. I took a sip for reporting purposes. Someone else finished it off for me.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Pagan Marbury said...

Congrats on
making the WaPo Express
!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Pagan: Thank you for alerting me. I was so busy today I didn't get to see that. And thank YOU WaPo.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Ooh. Good one I66.

All right, and that settles my Pagan Marbury and Cube are the same person hunch. Because I know you wouldn't post a comment to your own blog about WaPo. But congrats!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Pagan Marbury said...

The same person? Hardly, but I'm flattered. Cube's one of the best.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Is this what that person wrote KOB about...how cliquey we all are??? ;)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

Yikes! Mel Gibson as a Jew? It creeps me out! My blood sugar is plunging, I need a swweeet drink! Hurry!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Reya: :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hysterical. And it actually does sound pretty tasty.

I'm afraid to think about what a Pee Wee Herman cocktail would be. Interesting garnish possibilities.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Ryane said...

hahahaha. This is hilarious...=-)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Megarita said...

Man, it is stunning how much he looked like Sadaam. And in spite of it all, I still want to see Apocalypto. DAmn the man.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Wendy: I should have done a Pee Wee to go with it. I already know one ingredient.

Ryane: Thanks, and Mega: I want to see the film as well, if nothing more than the visuals.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites