Sunday, August 21, 2005

Guest Blogger: Dave
Ars Memorativa


I was talking to my friend Dave in San Francisco, seeking his help in learning more about computer coding. He was very good in teaching me a few new tricks, but while I was being Grasshopper and getting all excited with the new things I was learning, Dave, in the role of Master Po, had a more reflective take on things:

"You know...I am ashamed at the level of technical crap that has crowded the beauty out of my head. We spend a lifetime filling our head with garbage, then one day pieces of memory just start to drop out like blocks on your hard drive. You run a ScanDisk on your brain, and then you find out how many sectors are really bad."


.......Master Po has spoken.......


4 Comments:

Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Even his metaphors have been crowded out :-|

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so true. We stuff so much useless crap into our heads. How many times do you remember idiotic lyrics from some pop tune or advertisement (yes, you do: two words -- oscar meyer wiener), but cannot remember the name of a colleague.

grince

12:29 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

It's funny what you said about metaphors, AUA, because normally he is quite poetic in the way he sees things. I thought this particular statement had some Zen minimalist rhythm to it. C++ Haiku.

4:00 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

I have an amazing long term memory, but I can never seem to remember where I put my keys. Perhaps you've just explained my issue...

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites