Monday, April 21, 2008

You Get A Lifetime Warranty With That

Memo To Self: Cancel Blog


I have a gym membership, and I predominantly use it to workout with a personal trainer. I told my trainer recently that I would like to increase my gym time to daily (on those days when I am not with him) and how beneficial it would be to have him record what I was suppose to do at each machine including it's number, name, the weight and position pegs, and the position of my body. I've used these machines over time and should know them, but after studying Pilates for a while, you learn that every body part should be positioned properly before beginning the movement. My plan is to make up a ringed notebook to carry along with me, so I can be doing the workout correctly. There must be more than eighty machines at that gym, and it's a lot to hold in your head. This week I will take the recorder to the gym, work on some of the machines during my regular training session and build the information as I go.

With that plan in mind, I went with a friend to Best Buy on Friday night, and I quickly found a small Sony recorder that will more than meet my needs. Waiting in the checkout lane, the cashier said, "Would you like to buy the warranty for this item? It covers nine years for only $9.99." My friend said, "No thanks, she won't be needing it." "Are you sure?," the cashier asked. "Absolutely," said my friend. "She's only getting it for her suicide note."

We were still laughing about this when we went into the Container Store to buy a full roll of bubble wrap. The cashier asked us what we were talking about, we told the Best Buy story, he laughed, paused, then queried ....Now should I ask what you are going to do with all of this bubble wrap?"

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Velvet said...

Feed mayonnaise to tuna fish!

4:18 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Uh... it's for... wrapping breakable things so that when you blow yourself up it doesn't get damaged?

4:28 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

It is for wrapping breakable things. I have NO idea what was in that guy's head, 66.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Velvet: yellowfin....booze

4:53 PM  
Blogger Hammer said...

"Cancel Blog?!"

I'm afraid this is impossible by virtue of the third law of supercomputing. Don't forget, Miss Cube, that it was Phil who wrote your original programming. In review:

1. A Cube may not injure the Playaz or, through inaction, allow the Playaz to come to harm.

2. A Cube must obey orders given to it by the Playaz, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A Cube must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

That Phil sure has a lot of rules, doesn't he? :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Bobby D. said...

Haa! great way to foil the old warranty pusher.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I'm afraid to ask!

Salute you for going to the gym every day. i did a PT appointment a couple of months ago. Took me four days to recover! I even had to cancel clients because my arms were so shaky I couldn't work.

Probably shouldn't admit that in public.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

The bubble wrap could be placed beneath you on the floor, so if they rope breaks, you'll have something to break your fall.

P.S. Don't cancel your blog
000111010100110101001101101000111

12:25 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

"D"....it was his delivery as well. He has a lovely modulated voice, so his delivery was perfect and sounded quite sincere.

Reya: You know I broke a rib, so I've been dying to get back. I had my first session where we did the recording thing. It worked out great. Now I have to type up sheets and make up a notebook. One trainer saw what we were doing and said he had done the same thing for a client who was going out of town. The owner of the gym liked it too.

Phil: It was a huge industrial roll, not the little rolls you get at Staples. My friend was carrying it like he was in a marching band and slapping the sides like a bass drum. Must have been something in the air that day....pollen.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I never worked out on a regular basis until we put the machines in our basement with the help of a trainer. My experience with pilates is you don't really need many machines because they are all so versatile. It's amazing how much money you can spend on a gym membership. I think we paid for a fleet of stairsteppers at Skyline Sport & Health! The other advantage of having your own gym is that it never closes...

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You broke a rib? how painful that must have been/ hope you're mended. I was down for a month, and while getting back to fitness felt good, it also felt like I was going to have a heart attack! so I had to take it down several notches !!!

Flabby

10:42 AM  
Blogger blah said...

Cube - dont you DARE cancel your blog!

Please!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Bobby D. said...

Glad to see you're back--I thought you may have really cancelled le blog.


ahhh--here is my intro to Shalimar:

linky:


http://tangledupinlheurebleue.blogspot.com/search?q=idlewild

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites