Friday, February 20, 2009

...and thank YOU


Most who read my blog know I sell things on Amazon, eBay and Craig's List. I've had excellent feedback (and work to get it,) over the years, but I think I just received the bestest "thank you" yet from a satisfied customer.
I do lots of extras: I package carefully. I mail the next day. Sometimes, it's the same day. I'm generous about refunds. I've gift wrapped. I've sent additional photographs of the item. I use a handwritten thank you on the invoice slip (and went further at Christmas and Valentines with rubber stamp decorations. Cheery!) I also always send out an email, once the item has been sent, so the purchaser knows that their item is on the way. I sent some letters last night. This morning, I received this from a woman in Temple Hills, Maryland who bought a Children of the Corn DVD:


"Thanks for responding to me some people do not say shit.

Thank you
DaShonn"


Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Kind, indeed, although I'm guessing the cute stamps and gift wrapping would be lost on Dashonn.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Phil. Do ya think? ;)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Cato said...

I suppose appreciation comes in all forms... What a hoot!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Lizzy: I'll take thank you in any form I receive it. She ordered during the night, and I always get up early to package that stuff to mail during the regular workday, so in effect she got same day shipping; plus she lives in the D.C. area and would have received the DVD the very next day. I've had people leave feedback saying they have NEVER gotten anything out of Amazon that quickly.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Fantastic kudo! I loved it. Still laughing............

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites